Choose a Real Estate Agent
To BuyChoosing A
Agent Time to
Buying a property requires making many important financial decisions, understanding complex issues and completing a lot of paperwork. It helps to have an expert in your corner when undertaking such a large purchase. We can guide you through this process, and also provide you with access to property listings before they hit the general market – off market listings commonly referred to as pocket listings.
Here are some factors to consider when choosing your real estate professional:
- Look for a full-time agent – one who has experience completing transactions similar to yours.
- Interview a few agents: Are they familiar with the area in which you are interested?
- Ask how much time the agent will have for you, and if they are available at night and on weekends.
- Ask about their credentials and continued education: A good agent will continually strive to improve and gain knowledge of the latest real estate trends and hold the highest designations in their respective fields of expertise.
- Does the agent return your calls promptly? Are they responsive to both text and email communication? Time is money when attempting to buy a property.
- Ask for a list of properties they have sold or a list of references. How many homes did you sell last year as a seller’s agent? What kind of market share do you and your company have?
- Choose an agent who listens attentively to your needs and concerns. Pick an agent, with whom you feel comfortable is the most important.
Website to Verify a California Real Estate License: http://www.bre.ca.gov/Consumers
Meet the Team: http://joelblumenfeld.com/agents